August 22, 2015

a small Sephora haul.

hello there!


I took a quick trip to Sephora when I had a bit of extra time on my hands and ended up purchasing a few items I had been looking for. None of these purchases were absolutely necessary, but a few were too tempting to pass up. Here's what I got:

 
Boscia luminizing black peel-off mask:

I have tried quite a few masks, but Boscia has always been one of the more expensive skincare brands that I have wanted to try. Their line of acne-clearing products is so fantastic that, when I saw a mask that completely peeled off to reveal clear, soft skin, I could not resist. This mask claims to clear pores and tighten skin; it really sounds too good to be true. Let's hope it isn't!

rp: 34.00

Bare Minerals Ready Bronzer // Skinny Dip:

I am currently obsessed with bronzers and contours, so it's no surprise that I was so excited to find a deluxe sample of the Bare Minerals Ready Bronzer. Skinny Dip is their most popular shade, and I cannot wait to bronze the heck out of my skin. Even now, as we transition from summer to fall, I still want that amazing golden glow and insane cheekbones. I have high expectations for this product, so fingers crossed it pulls through!

full size rp: 24.00

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick // Shiraz:

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about Bite Beauty products, so I finally caved and grabbed a lipstick to try. This company's brand is centered around their food-grade formula, which is healthy enough to "eat" and doesn't contain all of the awful chemicals other lipsticks contain. This lipstick range is a bit pricey, so I chose a shade that was different from the other lipsticks I own but was also an everyday wearable shade. I love that this nude shade has both rosey and mauvey tones. I'm predicting that I will be wearing it a lot in the fall.

rp: 24.00

Whish Shave Cream // Pomegranate:

It seems so weird to say, but I am so pumped to try a shave cream! I haven't used a shave cream in years, but this brand is so lovely and luxurious that I had to grab a deluxe sample to test for myself. It smells delicious and feels super creamy. I don't know if I would pay twenty dollars for shave cream, but it's nice to try out a luxury item!

rp: 20.00

Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes // Lavish Lilac:

A lavender creme shadow has been on my makeup shopping list for a long time, so when I found out that Clinique carried a lavender chubby stick for eyes I had to snatch it up! It's a beautiful light purple shade with a touch of gold shimmer, so it works well with my skintone, hair color, and eye color. It can be worn under a shadow or by itself, so it will be fantastic to slap on before class with a bit of mascara. And, for being a high-end product, it was not too expensive! I haven't tried any Clinique products in a while, but I will be sure to pick up a few more in the future.

rp: 17.00

Deborah Lippmann Stripper To-Go Nail Polish Remover Pads:

This is such a cool and innovative idea, so I'm glad that this was thrown in my bag for me to try. I travel somewhat regularly, so I know that taking off nail polish on-the-go can be a bit of a pain. The product is quite expensive, however, so for me this is less of a necessity and more of a luxury. I think it's a great idea though, and makes taking off nail polish while traveling a breeze.

  rp: 12.00

Glamglow Brightmud Eye Treatment:

Glamglow is one of the most talked about luxury skincare brands right now, and I am so pleased that I get to try out one of their products! This eye treatment was formulated to brighten and tighten the skin under the eyes, among other things. I could never afford a Glamglow mask, but this treatment has gotten fantastic reviews for being a wonderful eye mask that isn't drying. I will be putting this sample aside and saving it for an at-home spa day!

rp: 69.00

Sephora Sheet Masks:

I have tried a ton of masks, but I haven't purchased a sheet mask. They look really crazy in photos but are meant to replenish the skin and be absolutely brilliant, so I grabbed two from the Sephora range to try. I picked up a Ginseng mask because it claimed to be toning and brightening, and a rose mask because "rose" skincare products are currently so popular and I wanted to hop on the bandwagon. They were relatively inexpensive, and I have heard lots of good things about them. I will try both of them and let you know what I think!

rp: 6.00

I am moving into college in the next few days, so I won't be purchasing any more beauty products for a long time! Not only will I be a broke college student, but I will not have any room for more makeup and skincare. I am excited to test out all of these items and report back with my thoughts. And hopefully, in the future, I will be able to run into Sephora again and make another cheeky purchase for myself!

Have you picked up any new makeup or skincare bits lately? What products are you really excited about?

xx bb