July 29, 2014

my current favorite bronzers // summertime

Hello There!


I haven't shared my favorite bronzers with you all, and I now use bronzer everyday. The three that I use almost everyday all off all different prices, so there is something for everyone! I have actually stopped using blush during the summer because my complexion is already so rosy. Here are my top favorites:

NYC smooth skin bronzer // sunny:

This is my all-time favorite, holy grail bronzer! I never thought applying a bronzer could be so easy and look so effortless. It is a matte bronzer, so it can be blended all over the skin for a glow or can be built up to contour your cheekbones. The one fault with this bronzer is that it only comes in one shade, which really only works on light to medium skin. Otherwise, it is absolutely fantastic! The best part about this bronzer is that it is so inexpensive, and is comparable to much more expensive bronzers. I use it everyday without fail, and it completely changes the shape of my face and makes my cheekbones look sculpted and lovely. 

RP 3.00

Pixi beauty bronzer // summertime:

When I first swatched this product, I was a little scared. It's more of a cool-toned brown, with a slight golden sheen. It's not quite a shimmer, but in a swatch it's still obvious that the bronzer has a glow. However, on the skin, this product is just wonderful! I apply it over the NYC smooth skin bronzer just in the hollows of my cheeks and up onto my temples. A little of this goes a long way, so I use it sparingly and blend it a lot to create a look with a lot of glow. I wouldn't use this product year round neccessarily, but it looks beautiful in the summer. 

RP 18.00

Estee Lauder soft matte bronzer // bronze goddess

This is the most expensive of my three favorites, but I think it is totally worth the money. This bronzer is very similar to Nars Laguna, a very popular bronzer that has an orange-y undertone and slight golden shimmer. I also like using this item the same way I use the Pixi bronzer; I never would blend it all over the skin because it would be too dark and harsh. Otherwise, it is a lovely bronzer that looks really natural, but still gives definition to the face. Be a little careful, because like the Pixi bronzer a little bit goes a long way!

RP 32.00


What do I use to apply bronzer?

Because I am so fair, I have found that using a regular contour brush makes my bronzer look too harsh, and doesn't blend it into my skin. It ends up looking muddy! Instead I use a long stippling brush, like the MAC 187, to blend the bronzer into my skin and the rest of my makeup, and give an airbrushed look to my makeup. For fair skin, it's perfect!

I hope this was helpful for those who are looking for a new favorite bronzer. While the NYC bronzer only works on light skin, the Estee Lauder and Pixi bronzers would work on all skin tones. 

What are some of your favorite bronzers, and how do you apply them?

xx BB