November 4, 2012

There will be Oxblood!

Hello There!

Today I am going to talk about the trend of all trends-oxblood. At first I had no idea what this color was, but now I know, and for those that don't know, that it's very similar to a burgundy color, but with a slight purple undertone. So for those who are looking to dive into this new autumn trend, I have found some ideas for pieces that are trendy and fun. 


Nail polish is one way to incorporate this fall trend into any outfit. Burgundy nail polishes are popping up everywhere, and, while they are all about the same, there are some that are better than others.

Revlon- Raisin Rage::

This raisin color falls into the red, vampy range of nail polish. I love this Revlon range overall; it has a great color selection, and all the shades are pigmented and long wearing. But this shade is one of my favorites because it is slightly lighter than an oxblood shade, so if oxblood is too vampy for you, then this might be your perfect color. 


RGB Polish- Oxblood::

I had never really heard of this brand before, but from rave reviews and lots of swatches this shade looks pigmented and, from its name, it's obvious that this polish is the "essence" of this autumn trend. It is a bit more pricey, but  this would be a perfect little fall treat, or a great stocking stuffer for yourself.


China Glaze- Call of the Wild::

While this color is not quite an "oxblood" color, it is a brown with that hint of red. When you see it, you think "is it brown? purple? red?" And that's the best part! It's an unusual color, but I love it because it's a unique, vampy shade for fall. 


Here are some other oxblood colors:
  1. Butter London- La Moss
  2. Sally Hansen Salon Manicure- Red Zin
  3. Zoya- Toni
  4. Nars- Chinatown
  5. Essie- Berry Hard
  6. Revlon- Vixen
  7. OPI- Bastille My Heart
  8. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear- Flirt
  9. Essie- Racy Not Lacy
  10. Deborah Lippmann- Single Ladies
  11. WetnWild- Haze of Love
  12. Zoya- Sam
  13. Sonia Kashuk- All Vamped Up

*This list was created by Eleventh Gorgeous! I will link their post here!*

Oxblood lips have also begun to be very popular as we begin to settle down into the colder months. There are some great cheap options in the drugstore, and some expensive beauties too.

Nars Sheer Lipstick- Vendanges::

Out of the three I found, this color is the most expensive. While I have not tried any Nars products, I have heard only good things about this brand. This color is gorgeous, and if you are interested, I found a review from the lovely Temptalia here


Revlon- Black Cherry::

I have this color! Again, I think Revlon is overall a wonderful brand, and their lipsticks and nail polishes are their standout products for me. This lipstick is insanely pigmented, and you can sheer it out for a light stain or pack it on for rich color.


Topshop- Beguiled::

Again, I do not on this color, but overall I have heard that Topshop lipsticks are better than MAC. If that is not a good review, I don't know what is! I found a review here


If you want to be a little more daring this season, but aren't the "wild type," then burgundy accessories are just what you are looking for. I found two scarves on Etsy that are similar in style but different enough to justify getting both. (tehe!) 

LINK

LINK

Oxblood jeans are a fun twist on the classic jeans. Even when this style fades, I think the oxblood pant with still be classic. Pair a classic-cut pant with a fun color and you have a trendy yet classic piece that can be worth the investment because they will last you a while. Here are some American Eagle jeans that are so lovely and chic, and affordable too!

LINK

LINK
I love this chic and fabulous color. It's great for fall and I am jumping on the oxblood bandwagon!

What is your favorite oxblood piece?

xx BB