November 23, 2012

Tag || 40 Questions of Beauty!

Hello There!

Today is Thanksgiving. Therefore, I am full of turkey and not in the mood to write some long-winded post about lip balm. So today I thought I would do another tag. I have just been in the "tag" mood! This one is called the "40 Questions of Beauty" tag. Before I pass out from too much food, I thought I could at least answer some beauty-related questions for you all. 


~ Skincare ~

How many times a day do you wash your face?
Three times a day- or more! I wash my face morning, night, and when I take my makeup off when I get home. But sometimes if my face feels extra greasy it can be more. 

What skin type do you have?
I have oily, oily, oily skin. Like oil slick, everything sliding off my face oily. 

What is your current facial wash?
I am using Clean and Clear's "Finishes" Pore Perfecting Cleanser, and I love it!

Do you exfoliate? What brand do you use?
Occasionally, if I can honestly be bothered. But when I do exfoliate I will either use my Soap and Glory Scrub Actually scrub or my Love and Toast tangerine salt scrub. They both smell lovely!

What moisturizer do you use?
I use the Boots Expert Sensitive light moisturizing lotion. It's perfect to cure dry patches, but doesn't leave my skin oily before makeup. My night moisturizer is the Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. It is the only acne moisturizer i have found that ACTUALLY works!

Do you have freckles?
Yes. Loads!

Do you use an eye cream?
Yes. I use the Boots No.7 Reviving Eye Gel. I use it because it helps keep my puffy bags at bay and makes my under eyes moisturized for makeup. It's not amazing, but I think it gets the job done.

Do you have acne prone skin?
Yes. I have acne prone skin that really flares up when I get stressed. My oily skin= loads of acne. My begin a teenager doesn't help either. 

Did you ever use Pro-active?
Yes, and I think it's rubbish. 

~ Makeup ~

What foundation do you use?
Revlon Colorstay for oily skin in Ivory. I absolutely love it! It covers all my "problem areas" and doesn't break me out. 

Concealer?
I use the Clinique Quick Corrector in moderately fair. I don't love it- I think it's bit too liquid-y, so it doesn't give super full coverage. I prefer my MAC pro-longwear concealer in NC15, just because it's a bit more dry so it gives really full coverage. 

Do you know your undertone color?
I have a very pink undertone. 

What do you think of false lashes?
I don't mind them. I have to wear false lashes for shows, but I personally would not wear them on an everyday basis like I know some other beauty gurus do.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every three months?
Yes, but I think it's a bit of a waste. I have had some of my mascaras for way longer than three months, and they are still fine! I know that is gross to some, but it's my lashes, my rules, dagnabit!

What brand of mascara do you use?
I am naughty- I will open up about six mascaras at once! But I love trying new mascaras and formulas. I have never dedicated myself to just one brand of mascara. Right now I am using Maybelline "The Falsies," and "Mega Plush," Covergirl "Lash Blast Fusion," and Loreal "Voluminous Million Lashes," among others.

Sephora or MAC?
Neither! I am a drugstore girl at heart! I would pick Loreal or Revlon over Tarte or MAC any day.

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No, I am most definitely not a pro haha!

What makeup tools do you use?
Brushes. I hate the silly applicators you get in makeup packaging. I will use any brand of brushes though- from ELF to Real Techniques and beyond.

Do you use a makeup primer/base for the eyes?
Always! I have the oiliest eye lids, and anything without a primer will just slide right off.

Face Primer?
Not right now, but I am thinking about picking up the Rimmel Pro Face Primer. I have heard good things about it. 

What is your current favorite eyeshadow?
I love MAC Summer Haze and Amber Lights. They are both beautiful bronze shades, and I find they look really good on me. However, I love my "Walking on Eggshells" palette from Wet N Wild. It's three dollars and fabulous!

Pencil or liquid liner?
I use both on a daily basis. My favorites are my Jordana "Fabuliner" liquid liner and my dark brown "herbal" pencil liner from Palladio. Both are really pigmented and long lasting, and inexpensive too!

How often do you poke your eyes with pencil eyeliner?
Haha! Never!

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I think they are gorgeous, but an absolute mess! I have a few but I rarely use them because using regular old eyeshadows are a whole lot easier when I am in a rush, which I usually am.

Do you use mineral makeup?
Not really. Like pigment eyeshadows, they are a mess and hard to work with. I find that some mineral foundations don't give quite the same coverage that liquid foundations give.

What is your current favorite lipstick?
Covergirl "Temptress." It's a classic color with a twist, which I love. It's a red/deep pink that looks great on just about every skin tone, and is super pigmented.

What is your current favorite lipgloss?
I love the Revlon Colorburst glosses! My favorite is "Rose Gold." However, Artistry makes a lovely "Light-up Lipgloss" in Passion. It's a gorgeous, glittery magenta. I have really been into magenta tones recently.

What is your current favorite blush?
The NYC Mosaic color wheel in "Rose Glow" is a nice, rose-y neutral toned blush that looks good with just about everything. The Wet N Wild blush range is also really nice, and only three bucks! My favorite shade is "Pearlescent Pink."

Do you buy makeup on Ebay?
No, but I do buy just about everything else on Ebay!

Do you like drugstore makeup?
I love it! You can get some amazing products for great deals.

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
All the time! It's an awesome way to get MAC and other high-end brands for close to drugstore prices. I love me some deals!

Have you ever considered taking makeup classes?
Yes, I would love to! It's definitely on my to-do list.

Are you clumsy when it comes to putting on makeup?
I used to be, but think with practice I have gotten a lot better.

Name a "makeup crime."
Putting on a dark lip color with cracked lips. It's kinda gross! Or super caked-on makeup. You have to let your skin breathe!

Do you prefer colorful makeup or more neutral tones?
I love neutral eyes and a fun lip color, But I also love to do a simple lid color and a pop of shadow on the lower lash line. It's an easy way to add color to your look without going overboard.

Which celebrity always has great makeup?
 I love the Emma's ( Stone and Watson). They always have beautiful and effortless makeup!

If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Mascara. I think it opens your eyes and makes you look more awake.

Could you ever leave the house without makeup on?
Course! If I am just going out to the shops or something, then it isn't a problem. But if I am going to school or have people to see, I like to look somewhat presentable.

Do you think you look good without makeup on?
It's debatable ;)

In your opinion, what is the best makeup line?
Drugstore: Revlon
High End: MAC

What do you think of makeup?
I love it! It's a passion of mine, and it's so much fun. I wouldn't have a blog if it weren't for cosmetics and all things beauty!

I hope you guys enjoyed this tag! Try it out for yourselves, and leave me a link to your tag in the comments!

What are some of your favorite beauty tags? What other tags would you like me to do?

xx BB