November 23, 2012

A New Love || MAC Amber Lights

Hello There!

I have never reviewed one single product, but I thought this shadow deserved a post of its own. I have never loved a shadow as much as I love MAC Amber Lights. SO today I thought I would share what I think makes this eyeshadow a must-have.


I first heard about this shadow from Sprinkleofglitter. She raves about this color, and when she showed it in a video, I had to agree. It's a stunning color that looks beautiful on just about very skin tone. It's quite a splurge, and I don't normally buy from MAC, but I splurged on this shadow because the color is so unique. It's a deep gold but has a hint of bronze that makes it so special. Plus, it only takes a tap of the brush to get beautiful, rich color that lasts all day. 


I have tried to find a flaw in this shadow. I have tried it with primer, without primer. I have worn it for hours on end, and even through vigorous exercise. But this shadow won't budge, and the pigmentation barely fades. It's a frost finish shadow, and the best of the bunch, in my opinion.


At the end of the day, this eye shadow is amazing, and I recommend that everyone go out and buy this color. Yes, you could buy a matte brown shade from MAC that would be practical and good for everyday use, but this color is frankly irresistible. I have searched for a color similar to this in the drugstore, but I think you just have to swallow the price tag and consider it a little treat to yourself. 


What are some of your favorite eyeshadows?

xx BB