September 13, 2012

4 Season Scents!

Hello There!

No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I have just busy so busy with school that I left all of you behind! Apologies. Anywho, today I thought I would talk about some swish scents. Picking a perfume to wear between summer and fall can be a bit tricky (oh first world problems!), so I thought I'd share some of my favorites. They are great all year round, because they all have a warm sweet scent that is warm enough for fall and winter but sweet and citrus-y enough for summer and spring. They cover just about very price point, and are great value for money, so even a splurge can still feel like a great bargain! I have three to show, so "on with the show!" (name that You tuber!)*


This is the most expensive of all the scents, coming in at $78.00. It now comes in a cool tall bottle now, but I have the old one. When I smell this scent, I think of autumn and winter time. It has a sultry, musky scent, and according to the website it has notes of orange flower, fresh ginger, and honey-sandlawood accents. How fancy! I have the Eau de Parfum, so it lasts all day. One of my favorite types of smells is the citrus-y kind, because it can be mixed with floral and sweet notes for a fresh summer scent or with musky and warm notes for a more cozy scent. This is more of a grown-up perfume, so I try to reserve it for a special occasion. While it is a bit pricey, it comes in three sizes, so here you can get a small bottle to test out and not spend too much. 


For me, this was even more than a splurge than the Armani perfume, just because it was an expensive body mist, coming in at $25.00. At first, I thought that if it had been a perfume I would have thought it was a steal, but a mist wears off quickly, so the bottle would not have lasted me long. However, I was wrong. This mist actually lasts a very long time, and I just love the scent. It is on the cusp of being overly-floral, but if you love those kinds of scents, it's really great. But what makes it a four-season scent is that it has a warm tone to it. The website says it has notes of white musk, sandalwood, vanilla, and peony. For me, the vanilla is the mystery scent that gives the perfume the warmth that makes it great to transition from summer to fall. You can find this lovely fragrance from Victoria's Secret here.


The final of the three scents is from good old Bath and Body Works. For a long time, this scent was one of my favorites because it, like the Victoria's Secret Fragrance, is sweet yet has a warm tone to it. Plus, it is about half the price at $14.00. The website claims it has notes of orange, vanilla orchid, and anjou pear, which by now you may have inferred are some of my favorite smells. If you would like a scent with similar notes to the ones I have mentioned but with a smaller price tag, you may be pleased with this body mist. I do prefer a perfume, just because I think it is better value for money than a body mist. However, this spray is on its way to being gone, and I think I might just have to buy another one! You can find this lovely body mist here.

I have millions of scents, but some of my favorites are the ones that can be worn throughout the year. I think one of these may become my signature scents. Hmm? I hope you found a swish smell that interests you and fits your price tag too!

What scents have you been loving? And would you like to see a top 5 favorite scents?

xx BB

* Miranda Hart, of course!