September 3, 2012

Back To School Beauty|| Hair

Hello There!

Today as the final installment of my themed blog week, "Back To School Beauty," I thought I would talk about 5 hair products that every girl should have. Even if you are not a "hair" person, these products can change the look of your hair. Plus, these products are really inexpensive. 

Hairspray:: 

There are so many different kinds of hairsprays with all different price points, and they can give you volume, texture, or extra hold. Some of my favorites are:


Halsa Maximum Hold:

This is a fantastic hairspray, and only .99 cents! There are lots of different hairsprays in this line, but this is the most maximum hold of them all. It has a strong hold, but surprisingly it isn't sticky. I would recommend this for people who are doing shows or performances, or who need super strong hold. With this hairspray, your hair will not move. Also, the smell is fruity, but sort of a sickly fruity, so if I were to buy this product again I would pick up the unscented version. Overall, I think this is a great value-for-money product that will really hold your hair.


John Frieda frizz-ease:

I really like this product because it will hold your hair and hold down and wisps you might have. I have a lot, and sometimes I feel like nothing will hold them down. So if you have the same issue and want a hairspray that isn't "extreme hold" this might be your product. One flaw I have found that the nozzle is more of a jet and less of a mist. Otherwise, I find it's really nice.


Pantene Pro-V Style Texture:

This ultra hold texturizing hairspray will give you insane volume. I use this in my roots when I want more volume to work with and it works a dream. I will say that I remember this product being a bit more expensive, but I think it is worth it. It will give both hold and texture, so I think it would be a good product to use for a night out or to a school dance. One thing to keep in mind is that the more texturizing the product, the stickier it will be. While it is a bit sticky, I can get over it because what it does to my hair is fantastic. Well done Pantene!

Hair Gel::

Hair gel can really slick back your hair and hold it in place. While I use hairspray on a more regular basis, I will use gel for shows or two hold back stray hairs. Some that I love are:


Herbal Essences Set Me Up:

Not only does this have an amazing scent, but it's a little watery, so it holds your hair without getting thick. I run this through damp hair and then let it dry before styling it, and I find it really helps keeps my style looking new for longer. Plus, a little but goes a long way.


Queen Helene Super Hold- Alcohol Free:

This gel is thick, but not too thick that it clumps your hair together. Also, it doesn't get crunchy because it's alcohol free. It will really hold your hair, which is why I prefer this gel for shows. Also, this is great value for money! I got this gel at Sally's for around the $5.00 mark. What a bargain!

Detangling Spray::

You could buy an expensive detangling spray, or one that is a leave-in conditioner and detangling spray in one, but I would rather spend my money on a styling creme, or a pretty nail polish. Here's one that does the trick:


Suave Kids:

Not only does this product help detangle my hair, but it also smells amazing! I love the citus-y apple scent. It's not that I think this is the best product in the world, but I have tried a few detangling sprays and I don't see a huge difference. Plus, it's less than $5.00!

Glossing Polish::

Glossing Polish can change a person's hair. It makes my hair smooth and silky, and I just love it. I have tried a few different kinds, but this one is great value for money and works just as well as the most expensive brands. This one is my all-time favorite:


Silk Elements Mega Silk:

This serum is amazing. If Moroccan oil or Argon oil is not in your price range, this glossing polish is only $6.00 from Sally's and it works just as well as any of the higher end items. You can apply this to damp or dry hair, and it helps give shine and dimension to dull hair. I use this from the ears down so it doesn't clog my roots, but if you had dry, brittle hair I would recommend applying this all over to make your hair smooth to help constitute for the lack of moisture.

Shine Spray::

Shine spray change change the look of your hair, and make it look a whole lot less dull. This product is a rediscovery for me, and I just love it:


Smooth Shine Instant repair Spray-On Polisher:

This is more of a dry mist that will really apply shine to all hair types. There are lots expensive shine sprays, but this is an inexpensive alternative. There is not a whole lot to this product, but I like what it does. Spray this on your hair for instant shine that does not look greasy and lasts all day.

If you want a splurge, try a styling creme::

Styling cremes can get a bit pricey, but I think they are worth the splurge. Here is a great option:


KMS Hair Play Configure Creme:

This product is a bit pricey, coming in at $30.00. It really is fantastic, though. It holds down stray hairs without having the crunch of hairspray. It's basically a grease, so I don't put it near my roots, but a little bit goes a very long way. I have had this creme for years, and I still have quite a bit left. Plus, it has a really nice smell that I can't describe; it's slightly herbal. I really like this item, and if there was one "hair" splurge I would recommend, it would be this one.

These products can really change the look of your hair, and they are so affordable you can collect them all! If you don't have the budget to be frivolous with your hair purchases, these are some great alternatives.

It was really relaxing taking photos this morning! I loved the lighting too. 


What are your go-to hair products?

xx BB