August 1, 2013

Cut-Out Hearts and Girly Glitter | NOTD

Hello There!

The other day I decided to try out a new technique for a nail design. I wanted something girly and sweet, but also something different from the plain manicure. This is what I came up with:



The colors::

OPI- Dulce de leche
Orly- Rage

I was inspired by ellandish to create an easy heart nail design. I painted my nails randomly with the two shades above, and then painted two coats of each shade onto a ziploc bag. I put the baggie in the freezer for a few hours, and then took it out to dry to room temperature. After that, they are like stickers! I peeled the pieces of nail polish off the baggie, used my heart-shaped hole punch to create nail polish hearts, and popped them onto my nails. I then sealed my design with a top coat, and voila! Easy nail designs that look super professional and don't take all the effort.

I always get frustrated with nail designs, but this one was so quick and simple! Just make sure that your hole punch is pretty sharp, so you can easily punch out clean shapes. I am so excited to create new designs, and I will definitely be sharing more easy designs with you all in the future.

Will you try out this new technique for yourself?

xx BB