August 11, 2013

Polka dots and lots and lots of gleeter | NOTD

Hello There!

I did a fun nail design a few weeks ago and I just loved it, so I thought I would share it with you. It looks a bit complicated, but no nail tools were required and I think it turned out lovely. Here's what I did:

Colors:

Essie- Merino Cool
Essie- Set in Stones
Revlon- Metallic

For the thumb and pointer finger, I used Merino Cool as a base color and then dotted Metallic onto the nail with a bobby pin. I did the same thing on my ring finger, but I switched the colors, so the nail was silver and the dots were the gorgeous purple-grey. Then for the middle finger I used Merino Cool again (I love this shade) and I used Set in Stones to create a gradient glitter effect. Finally, for the pinky I went all out with glitter and used Metallic as a base color, and then applied two coats of the same silver glitter that I used on my middle finger for lots of shine.

I loved how this design turned out! I was super easy and really cute, and the combination of the purple-grey, the silver, and the glitter looked gorgeous together.

What easy nail designs have you been loving?

xx BB