October 7, 2012

Nail Polish News || Sally Hansen: Mega Shine VS Insta Dry

Hello There!

Today I thought I would do a review on two different top coats. I know that Seche Vite is a popular top coat, but personally it's much too expensive for me and gets goopy too. So I will be comparing two different top coats that are under $7.00. I believe you can find Sally Hansen nail polish in Europe or the UK, but I apologize if you can't find these products. Should I add this to my list of things to giveaway? Hmmm... 

Sally Hansen Insta Dri::


This top coat claims to dry to the touch in 5 seconds, and be completely dry in 60 seconds. If you have tried the infamous Seche Vite, this top coat has a similar consistency and dries with a similar shine. However, while it does dry really quickly, it had one major problem: it flaked. After only a few days, I found that chunks of polish were flaking off, and even by themselves the polish did not chip like that. Within a week my nails looked awful, and that was disappointing. I am not sure why it flakes so badly, but I really dislike using this top coat, and it now sits in the back of my cupboard. What a waste!

Sally Hansen Mega Shine::


This top coat is the same price and the Insta Dri, and surprisingly does about all the same things! It dries quickly, but the incredible thing is that it gives mirror shine- like the box says! I think the main difference between these two products is that the Mega Shine top coat is a lot thinner than the Insta Dri top coat. One thing to watch out for is that you must let your polish dry completely before applying the top coat, otherwise it may drag some of your polish off your nail with the brush. It's especially disappointing when you have done a cool design on your nails! Other than that, I think this top coat is one of the best in the drug store! It keeps my polish on for ages while giving it amazing shine. 

Overall, I think there are loads of top coats in the drug store, but I know that these two are very popular, so I thought I would add my two cents. If you are looking for a new top coat to try, the Mega Shine top coat is a great option and is in just about everyone's budget.

What top coats make your polish indestructible?

xx BB