October 21, 2012

Jemma Kidd Hi-Design Eye Colour || Review

Hello There!

Recently I have started writing loads of reviews that you will see popping up soon. There are so many new products in the drugstore, and for those who are new to makeup walking into a drugstore can be a challenge in itself. So for those who are interested in picking up some more high end products in the happiest place on earth (Target), then these Jemma Kidd eyeshadows are a good pick. I have always wanted to try some Jemma Kidd products, and long story short, I found some unopened makeup at Goodwill, and each eyeshadow was just .99 cents! I have two colors, and both are just lovely.


Sashay::

This color is so beautiful! I have dark hair and light skin, so this color looks stunning. I have millions of light, shimmery lavender shades from Maybelline, Loreal, and Rimmel, but this one is my favorite. It's gorgeous and glitzy, but the best part is there isn't fallout. This color is awesome with some brown liner and a bit of gloss, because the look is so natural but the shadow gives it a subtle pop. I think this color is great for everyday, and while It does look extra great on people with my skin tone, this color would look gorgeous on just about anyone too.

Silhouette::

I think if you are starting to collect makeup, or are starting to wear makeup, this is a staple color. Sometimes a matte cream shade can look chalky, but this one is creamy and smooth. It's great all over the lid, or as a matte highlight shade too. If you have crepe-y lids or dryness or wrinkling, this color is great because i doesn't accentuate fine lines. It's a universal shade and a staple in anyone's collection.



Overall, I think these shadows are creamy and buttery soft, and pigmented too. Also, they have really long staying power, even without a primer, and are so blendable! Plus the packaging is sleek and chic! I'm all for a beautiful package, and these are clear with hot pink writing and a pink pan too. If that doesn't make you buy these eyeshadows, I don't know what will! There is one catch: they are 17 of your American dollars. However, in comparison, a MAC eyeshadow is 1.5 grams for $15.00 while a Jemma Kidd eyeshadow is 3 grams for $17.00. It's twice the product for only two dollars more! While it's a splurge, it's also a real bargain.

What bargains have you found? Anything that compares to MAC?

xx BB