March 26, 2013

...And Life Goes On

Hello There!

My life has always been a bit of a disappointment. And sometimes, just when I think it can get better, it gets surprisingly worse. So I have come up with a few little phrases to remind myself that everything will be okay and work out in the end.


My favorite, and the one that I probably say the most, is that life goes on. And it does! Life does not stop to take a breather every time you want to. I am not saying that you have to get up, but I love the quote that, if you fall, fall on your back, so even if you cannot get up, you can look up. This always sticks with me when I feel like there is no chance of me getting up in the morning or making it through the day. So remember to always look up and look forward, and life will go on, even if it has to give you a little push to go with it.

Everything happens for a reason. Whether it's a horrible mistake or an unfortunate mishap, it will turn out to help you in one way or another. Sometimes I feel like I have slipped up and my world is going to collapse around me, or that I can never recover from such a failure. But even if the mistake helps you learn a lesson, or doesn't teach you anything at all, it will be for the better, I promise!

Never regret something that once made you happy. It's hard, because sometimes something that might make you happy in the moment may fill you with regret the next. If eating another brownie made you happy, then don't get angry at yourself afterwards! You ate the brownie, and it's over, which brings me to my next point.

Don't try to fix something you can't change. If it happened, it's over now. Learn to reflect, and not dwell. This is one of my biggest habits, because I always thought that if I could think of all the things I did wrong or all the things I could have done that I would be happier, and be able to fix the issue of it came up again. But dwelling only makes you sadder, and more angry at yourself.

After living on this earth for 15 long years, and I have come to the realization that I know little to nothing more now about how life works than from when I started. However, I do know that these tidbits I share with you have helped me deal with all the obstacles thrown at me, from moving to America, to my middle school years, and now to my high school problems. I wish I could say I have learned a lot along the way, but I haven't. But life goes on, doesn't it?


Have you learned anything along the way?

xx BB