June 22, 2014

nail care and products | all about nails

Hello There!

For the past few months I have been wearing less nail polish to help strengthen and grow out my nails. While doing this, I have discovered a few amazing products that I thought I would share with you.


Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails" Treatment:

RP 4.00

This treatment specifically targets chipped and cracking nails, so if you have brittle nails this is a really great product! Although I have long, and somewhat strong nails, I find that when my nails get two long they get thin and break easily, so this treatment really helps prevent that. I also use it as a base coat underneath my polish, and it also does a great job of creating a "gel-like" manicure.

Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails- Advanced" Treatment:

RP 5.00

If you don't want a product as heavy-duty as the original "Hard as Nails" treatment, this product is a great option. I like this treatment because it does not necessarily need to be applied on bare nails, so you can apply it over other treatments. I have noticed a lot of nail growth while using this treatment, and my nails now do not break as easily or quickly as they did before.

Healthy Hoofs Intensive Protein Treatment:

RP 4.00

This is my favorite, holy grail nail product. A friend recommended this treatment to me, and I was so annoyed that I had to massage the nails and do all kinds of things to get it to work. However, I noticed results almost immediately! My cuticles healed and are no longer dry, my nails grew a lot, and my nails are also now much stronger than they were before. This treatment is absolutely fantastic, and I never would have guessed that it cost me less than five dollars! 

Sally Hansen "Mega Shine" Topcoat:

RP 7.00

This is by far my favorite topcoat! I have tried quite a few, including the Seche Vite topcoat, and I have found that the result is almost identical to this Sally Hansen topcoat, and yet the price tag of the Seche Vite topcoat is much higher. It gives me a super glossy finish that lasts a long time, but the difference between this topcoat and the Seche Vite that I love is that the Sally Hansen topcoat is not half as gooey and thick. I will continue to repurchase. It's a winner!


I hope this post was helpful for those who desperately want long, lovely nails. I used to have short nails that refused to grow without breaking, and now I have great nails. This sounds like an ad, I know, but I am super pleased with the results from these products, and I bought them all on a broke girl's budget!

What are some of your favorite nail care items?

xx BB