June 17, 2014

new to me | Stila Garden of Glamour set.

Hello There!

Recently, I realized that I don't own  anything from the brand Stila, so I decided to pick up the Stila Garden of Glamour kit. This set contains some of the brand's most popular products, including the lip glaze and the lip and cheek creme. In a preliminary review, I am in love with all of these products!

RP 42.00

The palette is a beautiful selection of really lovely neutral shades, including a bronze and two deep plum colors. The texture of the shadows is actually somewhat dry, however the shadows blend easily and are quite pigmented. The only problem I have with this palette is that all of the colors are a tiny bit powder-y. Otherwise I love all of the shadows, and the packaging is super slim and easy to travel with.

The eyeliner is amazing! Damsel is a dark brown, almost black shade, and glides on like a dream. The formula blends easily, but it is a waterproof product so it dries quickly, so you do have to work fast. However, I do love this color for an easy everyday line, and the retractable packaging makes it easy to use on-the-go. I love easy-to-use items!

The product that I was the most excited to try was the lip and cheek creme. The shade I got is called peony, and it is a beautiful neutral peach shade that I think would look good on a lot of different skin tones. The formula blends beautifully and looks natural and dewy on the skin. If you have very oily skin I would recommend topping the cream blush with a powder, but otherwise I am a huge fan! I have yet to see if the product makes me break out, but I will update you if I do.

The lip glaze was probably the disappointing product of them all. The lip glazes are one of the most popular products in the Stila range, however I found that the gloss was very sheer and really sticky. The color I got in the kit is a warm neutral color, but nevertheless I found it barely showed up on my lips, even though the shade is very glossy.


Overall, I think this set is a really great deal! Almost everything in the kit is full size except for the cream blush, so if you bought all the products individually it would cost you over eighty dollars. I am very pleased with the Stila brand, and I look forward to trying lots more products from the line!

If you would like a more in-depth review on one of the items in this kit, let me know!

What are some of your favorite Stila items?

xx BB