September 15, 2013

Pink Pout

Hello There!

I have now moved on from the mauve lip, and I am now obsessed with bright pink lips! Here are some my favorites:


Rimmel #06::

This is a bright pink shade with a hint of coral. I love wearing this shade because its a fun color that makes me look quite tan. The only problem I have with this color is sometimes it looks a bit funny if I am very pale, so I find that this color looks really lovely in the summer. This range of lipsticks is also very pigmented and creamy, and it wears beautifully, so by the end of the day it does not look patchy. 

Covergirl Temptress::

I love this shade because it is a deep, rich fuchsia color that almost looks like a berry. I love wearing this on nights out because it makes me feel like a movie star! This lipstick is also so creamy and rich, but it does not feel greasy. When I want a look with a deep pink lip, I always grab this shade. 

Wet N Wild 521A (Fuchsia with Blue Pearl)::

This lipstick is so cool looking! In the tube it looks a bit scary, but on the lips it looks like a bright pink with a pearl finish. The blue pearl is also not noticeable, but it makes your teeth look more white. This lipstick is creamy and pigmented, and it is only one dollar! This has also been named a dupe for MAC's "Show Orchid," so if you want a similar shade but don't want to spend all the money, this shade is a really great option. 


Clinique Pudgy Peony::

This chubby stick is perfect to slap on when you do not have the time to put on a lipstick. This chubby stick is also surprisingly long lasting, so the sheer shade only needs to reapplied a few times throughout the day, and even after a few hours it leaves a pink stain on your lips. I reach for this when I want to wear a pink lip without needing a mirror.


I love wearing bright pinks because it gives a twist on a classic pinup look. Clean skin, cat-eye liner, and a bright pink lip creates a fun look that takes little time and always look polished.

What are some of your favorite pink shades?

xx BB