July 24, 2012

Dupe Tuesday!

Hello There!

Today I thought I would premiere a new series, called "Dupe Tuesday." Being the bargain girl that I am, I am always looking for new dupes that trump the more expensive options in the department store! 

Todays dupe is for a Lancome eyeshadow, called "Chocolate Brûlée." This is a gorgeous, creamy warm chocolate brown shade that is perfect for defining the crease. There are loads of high end matte chocolate brown eyeshadows, but I think Covergirl's "Brown Smoulder" is an awesome option from the drugstore.


Lancome
Covergirl

While both shadows may not swatch as well as some other matte brown eyeshadows, I can vouch that they are both beautiful in practice. I use the Covergirl shadow on my brows too! Although the Lancome color is not available anymore, "Fashion Label" is an identical color. This single shadow retails for $18.00, and Lancome palettes retail for about $49.00! Yeesh! However, the Covergirl single  shadow retails for only $5.00! What a bargain! I  personally think that a deep matte brown is an essential in any makeup collection, and this is a fantastic, inexpensive option. Plus, you get a ton of product, and I know it will last me a while. 

What are some of your makeup essentials? 

xxBB