July 21, 2012

Current Loves!

Hello There!

Today I thought I would just write more of a chatty post about some things I have been loving lately. This is not my July favorites- I may talk about some monthly favorites at another time. Anywho:

Some Bloggy Loves:
Louise is a lovely blogger/vlogger/mummy who lives in England, with some cute baby and beauty tricks up her sleeve! She takes fabulous photos on her blog, and she always talks about new, adorable things out in the world. Not to mention she has one of the cutest babies I have even seen! Do take a look, she is just lovely, and let her know I say "Aloha!" (While you're at it, you might as well subscribe to her youtube channel: Sprinkleofglitter!)   

Emily is also known as Emilynoel83 on youtube, and I would consider this lovely beauty guru to be one of the most informative on the web! She has knowledge on a wide range of products- from drugstore to high end- and she is great at finding bargains! Also, she does fabulous "dupe" videos, for those like me who are on a budget! I love her channel for creative and original tutorials, and I enjoy her blog for in depth reviews on on-trend products. She is always updating both her blog and her channel, so go check her out! And for all you cat lovers, you may find a common obsession. 

Some Cosmetic-y Type Loves:
Milani Baked Blush- Coralina
I just LOOOVE this color! It is flattering on so many skin tones, and it has an affordable price tag- who could ask for more! While the packaging is slightly bulky, I find that the product itself really makes up for it. It has great pigmentation, awesome staying power, and I found that the shimmer was not as overwhelming on my cheeks as expected. This was a recent purchase of mine, because of Emilynoel83, and I have really enjoyed it. It's a lovely color for summer, and I know I will be picking up more.


Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers
I have three of these, and I am hooked! These little lip balms top the Revlon lip butters, in my opinion. I own three shades: papaya, nutmeg, and raisin, and I love them all for different reasons. I find papaya and nutmeg are great shimmer-y neutral shades, with a slight peachy undertone, that go with everything, while raisin is the more subtle take on a slightly vamp-yer color. They are all so wearable and extremely moisturizing. The pigmentation is fabulous, and they have a delicious flavor! And, for only five dollars, versus the lip butters with can range from six to nine dollars, I find I reach more for my "shimmers" than I do for my "butters."

Raisin
Papaya

Nutmeg

Some Musical Loves:
For those who like more alternative music, this is your man. British born, his music is described as "electronic, soul, dub step." If that is not the weirdest combination!  It's the type of music you listen to in the evening when you need to stay awake, something I need all the time. He's a great lyricist too. His music is very different, and each song on his new album is unique. I don't want an album of thirteen of the same song! Yeesh! My favorite songs are "Treading Water, Hummingbird," and "Tightrope." 

Ed Sheeran seems to be very much like Adele- he just burst onto the American music scene, and now we just cannot get enough. I learned about him from One Direction, who mentioned in an interview that he wrote their song "One Thing" (I know I know, I'm obsessed). Ever since, I have been hooked. He is an amazing lyricist, and his music is very calm. He is also British born, and his music is described as "folk, acoustic." He is more mainstream that Alex Clare, and, for those who prefer more relaxing music, I would highly recommend his album "+." My favorite songs are "Drunk" and "Little Bird"

(Psst! You can find all these songs on Spotify for free!)

Some Random Loves:
Mr. Leo

He is my current love and my screensaver this month! I like to switch my screensaver up depending on my current obsessions, so keep your eyes peeled.

Banana Bread

This gets better with age too! I have made this a few times now, with some overly ripe bananas and this recipe. It's delish! You can have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and it's gooey and sweet and delicious. And get creative! Add different fruits or nuts and make it your own. For those who aren't baking wizards, this is pretty simple, and doesn't take as long as the recipe says, I promise!

I will mix it up in future "Current Loves" posts and talk about different things (i.e.skincare, perfume, books). What have you been loving recently? What products/ recipes/ music should I try out? 

xx BB