August 8, 2012

Journaling is Good for the Soul

Hello There!

Today is going to be a bit of a chatty blog; it won't be as much about outer beauty and health, but about what is on the inside. I have been journaling for as long as I can remember. I no longer journal about what I ate or what season it is, but about how I feel and how my day went. I remember getting a fun "kiddy" journal for christmas from my dad that had designs for drawing and doodling, and I still have it. I love looking back, and feeling so silly for getting worked up over the most petty things. 

Now, I have a big journal with lots of lines that I try to write in at least once or twice a week. Journaling keeps me focused on my goals, what I want to do, and it helps me sort out some feelings that may have surfaced. It helps calm me down too!


Journaling is great for those who think about a lot but don't say a lot, or perhaps feel as though they are not being listened to. We've all had those days! To me, a journal is just like a clean space for spilling your guts with no judgement. Whenever I have a couple minutes, I'll sit down with a cup of tea and jabber about my life, my dreams and such. I feel so refreshed when I'm done! It's like spring cleaning for the mind!

I love to write when there is something on my mind, or when I'm feeling inspired.

I hope this sways you to pick up a journal and just start writing! Do you like these kinds of posts? Be inspired!

xx BB