August 4, 2012

Neutral Shimmer || NOTD

Hello There! 

Because I did not blog yesterday (I'm a busy girl, you know), I thought I would share what I wore on my nails for my friends birthday yesterday. It was a day long event, and I wore a blue chiffon dress with floral cut out wedges. I didn't want to have flashy nails. This I what I came up with:



The Colors:

Opi:: Dulce de Leche
Deborah Lippmann:: Dream a Little Dream of Me



Sidenote:

My mother used to work for a woman who ran an organization in honor of her daughter who died at a premature age of william's syndrome. She then collaborated with Deborah Lippmann herself to make the nail polish "Dream a Little Dream of Me!" She named it this because that was the song my she used to sing to her daughter before she died. Isn't that cool? Just a quick did bit I thought you might all like to know!

Anywho, I love both of these colors! The OPI nail polish is semi opaque in one coat, and completely opaque in only two thin coats. I wanted the nails to have just a little pizazz, so I applied the Lippmann polish as a bit of a top coat to add a gorgeous holographic shine. I need to use this polish more!

I think this polish combination was perfect for my party outfit.  My "Fun in the Sun" blog week will resume tomorrow, but I have some more NOTDs coming up soon! What nail combos have you been enjoying?

xx BB