August 15, 2012

Back to School Beauty|| Makeup!

Hello There!

As part of my themed blog week, "Back To School Beauty,"I thought I would talk about some great products that are easy to use and perfect to throw on before school. They all work together to create a natural look that doesn't look too fake or cake-y for school. But the best part is that all the products I will show you add up to just *drumroll* $30.00! That includes a cream eyeshadow, cream blush, mascara, BB cream, and a tinted chapstick. I love all these products, and have been wearing them this summer. 

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream- Light/Medium::

At first, I didn't like this product. It being my first BB cream, I expected it to give more coverage. However, I got used to the fact that it is a light coverage product, and I am now in love with it! It's creamy and long-wearing, and it doesn't feel sticky on the skin. Even with oily skin I find I don't get super shiny too quickly. It's great for school because you don't look cake-y, and if you need more coverage a bit of concealer may do the trick. I know that some people have severe acne or discoloration on their skin, so something like Revlon Colorstay may work for you (review coming soon), because it gives coverage and lasts all day. But for those who only want a little coverage and some concealer under the eyes, this is the perfect solution. RP: 7.50




Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Shadow- Bad To The Bronze::

This long wearing, pigmented shadow is great for sweeping across the eyes for a one-shadow look just before school. It doesn't budge, and the color doesn't fade! It's a taupe-bronze shade that looks great on just about any skin tone. I just love this product, and will be picking up more from their new fall collection, which is all neutral cream shadows. These have been so raved about, and I can see why. They are a contender for the Paint Pots by MAC. If you do want to splurge, MAC's Bear Study Paint Pot is a lovely neutral color as well. For more bronze-y products, check out my "Bronzed Goddess" blog post. RP: 6.50




Philosophy "Lit From Within" Healthy Cream Blush- Look On the Bright Side, Feel Warm All Over::

First, of all, I just love the names of these products. Second, I cannot believe I found them for just three buckeroos! What a bargain! These blushes are creamy and pigmented, and so long wearing. They work by themselves, or you can layer them under a powder blusher too. Feel Warm All Over is more of a peachy color with gold shimmer, while Look On The Bright Side is just a bright pink with a cream finish. I would say you don't need both; Feel Warm All Over is more for people with warm color palettes (i.e. browns, oranges, reds), while Look On The Bright Side is for people with cool toned palettes (i.e. blues, pinks, grays). But since they were only three dollars I just had to get both! I picked these up at a Big Lots, which is a discount store in America, so foreign friends may not find this product. Do I need to do a giveaway? RP: 3.00




Covergirl Water Resistant Lash Blast Fusion- Black::

This is one of my all-time favorite mascaras. It does not smudge or flake, and gives the fluttery lashes I love. I use this on my lower lashes almost every day! For school I personally don't use mascaras that will give me crazy volume, so a mascara like this is just perfect for me. It never clumps and it grabs every lash. I hate putting on mascara and ending up with about four lashes! If you want a mascara that will give you more volume, check out this post where I talk about the Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara. It's a great one as well. RP: 8.00



Burt's Bee's Lip Shimmers- Papaya, Raisin, Nutmeg, Penny::

I think I love these more than my Revlon Lip Butters! They are creamy and moisturizing, and have a lovely minty taste. They are so pigmented, it looks like you're wearing a lipstick, with the hassle of a lip balm. Plus, they are less expensive than the Revlon Lip Butters! The colors are all great and range from natural to more "out-there." Nutmeg and Papaya are peach-y shades with gold shimmer, Penny is a nude-pink shade, and Raisin is a more subtle take on the vampy purple shade. You can throw them in your bag and top up when you like, without having to reach for a mirror. RP: 5.00


All together, this natural but fun look retails for just $30.00! All these products are complete bargains, and products I would definitely repurchase. A quick tip: check out Bed Bath and Beyond for cosmetics. You wouldn't think of it, but they have some great deals! Plus, their coupons will give you an extra discount. 

I'm not excited for school, but I'm excited to wear these products! They were great for summer, and I am sure they will be awesome for school too. What makeup items did you love this summer?

xx BB