August 1, 2012

Sunny Summer Secrets!

Hello There!

Today I thought I would talk about something near and dear to my heart: my skin. This post is part of my themed blog week, "Fun In The Sun!" I am a skincare junky, and I have tried trillions of skincare products. But, at the end of the day, I always come back to the natural options to help my acne. So I thought I would talk about ways to get rid of blemishes without buying a cleanser! Yipee! 

Sun:

During the summer, I love to take advantage of the rays. The Vitamin D in the sun helps clear up skin, and makes you happier. Plus, sweating in the sun clears out clogged pores and, when you drink water, you clear out toxins in your colon that may clog your pores and cause those "under the skin" breakouts. Not only this, but getting a tan in the sun helps disguise the blemishes, because a tan complexion helps hide the blotchy breakouts. 

Salt:

Salt in pool water or in the ocean is great for clearing breakouts too! It dries up blemishes and heals open breakouts, just like salt water helps clear up open cuts. If you don't like salt water, or you don't go to the beach, try applying salt to the acne, but not on the entire face. Or you can make a homemade treatment of lemon juice, honey, and salt and apply it to the entire face. It's like a cleanser, but better! Plus, if you are using a prescription acne product, like I am, it's perfect because it doesn't have any acne treatments or artificial fragrances in it! 

After using loads of acne products, I have come to realize that natural is better. So soak up the sun and jump in the pool, and try the homemade concoction for yourself!

What homemade acne treatments have you been enjoying?

xx BB