August 6, 2012

Bronzed Goddess

Hello There!

This is the final "installment" of my themed blog week, "Fun in the Sun!" Today I thought I would write about some gorgeous bronze-y products that are beautiful for summer. Together they create a cool bronzed glow that looks natural and lovely. I won't be able to wear these types of looks any more once winter rolls around! Anywho, here are some of the products:

NYC matte bronzer- Sunny::

I love this inexpensive bronzer! It's matte and you can't over apply. The color looks great on loads of different skin tones, and it can be built up to be a bit darker if needed. It took me ages to get my hands on it, but I just love it. This great bronzer retails for $2.99.




Estee Lauder Soft Matte Bronzer::

This bronzer was a great little splurge, but it was worth it. It is quite similar to NARS Laguna, just because it is a soft matte shade that is slightly muddy with a bit of shimmer. It's also hard to over apply this bronzer. While there is a small amount of shimmer in this product, it shows up matte. I recently rediscovered this product, and I cannot believe I have not used it for this long. It really is fantastic. This lovely product retails for $32.00.



 Lancome Crayon Kohl- Bronze::

If you don't want an all over bronze eye, or you want a more subtle look, this pencil is perfect. Not only does it have great great pigmentation, but it also has amazing longevity. I like using this pencil as a substitute for a black or brown pencil. I have three of these in cool colors, and I use them a lot and love them all! If they weren't so darn expensive! This lovely little pencil will cost you $25.50! Yikes!


Maybelline Color Tattoo Creme Shadow- Bad to the Bronze::

This cream shadow is defiantly a competitor for MAC paint pots or the Chanel cream shadows. This is a similar color to the Lancome pencil, and could be used both as a cream shadow or liner. And it lasts like the Lancome pencil too! So for those who are looking for a cheaper alternative, this product is just $5.99!



NYX Caribbean Collection Palette- I Dream of Aruba::

First off, this palette is a great value for money; it's just $8.99 for five shadows! For a summer-y bronze look I use the shade in the palette that's farthest to the right. While I find that NYX shadows can have a bit of fall out, the pigmentation is fantastic, and they don't fade throughout the day. This shadow is a more if a brown - bronze, versus a gold - bronze. I apply this product on top of the creme shadow, and it creates a bold bronze eye that looks lovely with contoured skin.



For such a bronzy, there are a few different lip colors that would look great! here are some options:

Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick- 712, Hot Coral::

This color is my favorite for summer! It's bright, pigmented, and has great lasting power too!


Mac Lipstick- Modesty::

I love this nude, because it goes with everything from smokey eyes to fun bright looks. I love the smell of MAC lipsticks too!


The lighting was great today! It was sunny and beautiful, but a bit to hot for my liking. It was about ninety degrees, and everything was melting! Anywho, I love these bronze-y products for summer, and they transition well into fall too!


What bronze-y products are you enjoying?

xx BB