December 9, 2012

The Best and Worst of Revlon | Foundation

Hello There!

Today I thought I would tell you about two foundations- one great, one not so great. While Revlon has some amazing products, every brand has it's hits and misses. 


For me, foundations are the most important beauty product. I have oily, acne prone skin, and Revlon Colorstay is the ultimate foundation for me. I have never found a foundation that has beaten it, and, even though I have not tried many high end foundations, I don't feel the need to. It's full coverage, and lasts all day! I have long school days and hours of vigorous exercise. So you know when a foundation is long lasting when it lasts through over four hours of exercise and a long school day. It's nuts! I have never felt like I have needed to touch up my foundation, and I only have to blot my face once a day, which for me is fantastic.


On the other hand, Revlon Custom Creations is one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. It is thin and gives light coverage that is not build able. The "gimmick" that made me buy this foundation is that it has a dial and two different shades of foundation in one bottle, so you can turn the dial to match your skin color at any time of the year. The idea is that you only need one foundation for the whole year! The problem is that this product slides off my face. I don't know how it works on other skin types, but for me it was awful and it looked like I hadn't put on foundation by the end of the day. I absolutely hated it. 



Overall, if you want a foundation that is going to last all day, Revlon Colorstay is the foundation for you. It has options for dry and oily skin, so every skin type can get a foundation that is beautiful and long-lasting. Plus, they are both the same price! So skip the BB Cream- like foundation and get something that glides on like a dream, that will give you long-lasting coverage, and that looks flawless and lovely.

What's your favorite, go-to foundation?

xx BB