December 14, 2012

A New Love || No7 Smokey Rose Quad

Hello There!

Today I thought I would share a new love of mine. Recently I have been buying less makeup and discovering some of my old products in my collection. This quad from No7 was a dud for me when I first bought it, and now that I have rediscovered it I can't see why I did not like it before. I have been obsessed with my "Walking on Eggshells" palette from WetNWild, and ever since I have been on the hunt for more inexpensive palettes that will give me a classic neutral look without the hassle. And this is  another great addition to my collection.


What I love about this palette is that it can give you a subtle look, a deep smokey look, and everything in between. Plus, everyone all over the world can get this quad! 

This quad consists of four colors that are very metallic. You get a metallic white shade that is a great inner corner highlight, similar to the WetNWild trio. It also comes with a rose-y pink color, a deep mauve, and a chocolate brown/eggplant purple hybrid. I love putting the rose shade on my lid, the mauve color in the crease, the purple in the outer corner, and the white in the inner corner. 


While I do love this quad, there are a few flaws. For one, there are no matte or shimmer shades in this palette. So if you don't use a matte highlight or crease color you can end up looking a bit like a disco ball. It also has a bit of fallout, so I would recommend applying the eyeshadow before you apply the rest of your face. The final problem is that the rose shade and the mauve shade can look the same and can look a bit messy when they are both applied on the lid, so I would recommend using one or the other, or putting the deeper shade in the crease.

#3 Shows up stronger than shown in the swatch. The light washed out the color.

Otherwise, this palette is really lovely. While I don't think it beats my WetNWild palette, I still think it is really nice and I would recommend it. It's less than ten dollars and a great buy!

What are some of your favorite neutral palettes? 

xx BB