December 31, 2012

NYE Nails! || NOTD

Hello There!

I know I have not posted since Christmas, but I wanted to take some time off to spend time with my family and enjoy relaxing over the holidays. But today we ring in a new year, so I thought I would show you a new nail "look" that I tried out in lieu of the celebrations. 

I went crazy for the holidays by amping up a sparkly polish with straight up glitter. I wanted to still be able to see the amazingness of Butter London's "Knackered," but I also wanted a bold glitter gradient. So applying glitter to every other nail was the perfect solution. Plus, I got to cover some mistakes I made! Glitter makes everything better. 


I love Essie's "Set in Stones" because I has itty bitty glitter and big chunky glitter, so you can really get a nice gradient effect. Plus, it is not too goop-y, so even though this look took about 5 coats of polish, it dried quite nicely, and didn't slide right off.


Underneath it all is Wet N Wild's "Black Creme." It's a simple black polish that is my favorite. I have tried a few other brands like O.P.I and so forth, but this one is a doll and only one buck! It's opaque in one coat. 


The star of the show is Butter London's "Knackered." I call it my "intergalactic" polish because it looks like a glitter-y galaxy, and it's amazing. It's 14 dollars, but so unique and worth the splurge. I talk more about this color in my "holiday polish" video, which I will link here


Here's the "sequence" of what I applied:

Wet N Wild- Black Creme: 1 coat
Butter London- Knackered: 2 coats
Essie- Set in Stones: 2 coats


In this photo, the polish looks aqua, but in other lighting it looks lavender too! I love this color and think it's just perfect for the holidays. 

What's on your nails for the holidays?

Happy Holidays,

xx BB