June 15, 2013

A Disappointing Product | Covergirl Smoky Shadow Blast

Hello There!

Recently I have bought a few products that have been a bit disappointing. While I love raving about amazing products, I think it's also my duty to let you know when some items are a real let down. 


I went to Ulta a few days ago and found the Covergirl Smoky Shadow Blasts on sale, and decided to pick one up. It was less than 2 dollars! The one I chose is called Bronze Fire, which has a shimmery champagne shade on one end and a bronze shade on the other. I fell in love with colors and was hoping that it would be similar to the Revlon cream shadow sticks. Unfortunately, this product was a bit of a let-down.

When I first opened the cream shadow and swatched it, I was so excited. Not only was the shadow creamy, was it was super pigmented and gorgeous. It applied like a dream and was very easy to blend. Everything was going great until I came home from school, about 6 hours later, and found that it had creased like crazy! The worst part was that I had applied a primer before the cream shadow and shadow on top, so I thought that my eyeshadow would stay in place. 


While I loved how pigmented, creamy, and beautiful this shadow was, it was so disappointing to see it crease so badly. So I would tell you all to stay away from this product and go for another cream shadow, like the Maybelline color tattoos or the Revlon cream eyeshadow sticks. 

Have you recently found any disappointing products?

xx BB