June 11, 2013

A Disappointing Product | NYC Liquid Liner

Hello There!

I have not been trying many new products; I have mainly been shopping my stash and rediscovering products. That being said, I picked up the NYC High Definition liquid eyeliner the other day because I wanted to try a new liner. Eleventhgorgeous raves about the Jordana Fabuliner, and I love it too, so when they raved about this one, I just had to pick it up. Unfortunately, this liner was a real bust for a few reasons.


I love the concept of a pen-liner, and I did find that the thick nib made it really easy to do cat-wing eye look, especially if you were more of a beginner. Also, this liquid eyeliner is super inexpensive, so it, in theory, could be the perfect liner for those on a budget.


However, this product has a few flaws. For one, the product itself is watery and not pigmented. I compared it in the photo below to the beloved Wet N Wild liquid liner to show you how watery and grey the NYC liner is. The liner also bleeds when applied, so it can look a bit messy, and the staying power is only average.


I really wanted to like this liner, but it's cons heavily outweighed its pros. If you are looking for a great, inexpensive liner, the two that I highly recommend are:

Jordana Fabuliner
Wet N Wild Mega Liner

What have been some of your recent beauty disappointments? Do you feel the same way about this liner?

xx BB